Directions For Use
If manure from poultry fed Larvadex™ is applied to land that is used for growing food crops, particularly grain, finite crop residues may occur. To avoid illegal residues:
- DO NOT apply manure to soil at rates > 4 dry tonnes/ha/yr.
- If supplying manure to a third party, ensure that they are made aware of this restraint.
- DO NOT use Larvadex™ 10% Feed Premix in conjunction with Neporex™ 2 GR Insect Growth Regulators.
Larvadex™ affects the moulting process of fly larvae. It does not kill adult flies. The elimination of adult flies is therefore gradual. Adult flies present or reinvading animal housing can be treated with Alfacron™.
|Poultry housing, for broilers, breeders and layers.
||50g of 10% premix per tonne of normal poultry feed.
- DO NOT add Larvadex™ 10% Premix directly to the feed. To ensure that Larvadex™ 10% premix is incorporated homogeneously into the poultry feed, first thoroughly mix 1 part of Larvadex™ 10% Premix to 9 parts (by weight) of poultry feed. Then incorporate 500g of this 1% premix per tonne of feed.
- Commence treatment when fly activity is noticed. Continue for 4 to 6 weeks or until the fly population is under control. Repeat when flies re-establish themselves.
- Any spillage of premix or of feed mixed with the premix should be cleaned up immediately, preferably by recovery and use in or as poultry feed.
- The use of an adulticide, preferably Alfacron™ is recommended between Larvadex™ treatments. DO NOT apply adulticides directly onto manure as they may harm beneficial insects that breed in the manure.
NOT TO BE USED FOR ANY PURPOSE, OR IN ANY MANNER, CONTRARY TO THIS LABEL UNLESS AUTHORISED UNDER APPROPRIATE LEGISLATION.
Elanco recommends that Larvadex™ be used as part of an integrated fly control program.
Integrated fly control involves sanitary and management practices to compliment chemical control methods consisting of adulticides and larvicides. The following practices help eliminate potential fly breeding sites:
- promptly remove broken eggs and dead birds
- repair leaks that contribute to wet manure (undesirable odour and an ideal breeding site for flies). Larvadex™ encourages manure drying.
- reduce feed spills in manure pits and clean up feed spills and manure spills, especially if wet.
- ensure good shed ventilation to reduce moisture in manure in the pits.
- ensure good site drainage to avoid ground moisture "wicking" into manure cones.
- ensure any other fly-infested animal operations in close proximity to the poultry operation do not act as a source of invading flies.
- DO NOT spray non-specific insecticides onto manure as this may inhibit biological control.
- In certain situations, retention of a dry manure pad (~20cm high) following clean out of layer sheds will give superior fly control by 1) providing a suitable habitat for beneficial, manure-inhabiting predatory insects and mites that eat fly eggs and larva and 2) facilitating drying of additional manure strata.